Work with WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCi) and Remote Systems Explorer (RSE)
Author: Craig Pelkie
In this manual you'll work with WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCi) version 5.0 or 5.1 and its Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) perspective. RSE has been described as being a replacement for traditional green-screen development tools like Program Development Manager (PDM) and Source Entry Utility (SEU).
You'll use the steps in this lab to:
- Start WDSCi and open the RSE perspective
- Create a connection from RSE to your iSeries server
- Work with the library list in RSE
- Work with source files and source members
- Work with source code in the LPEX editor
- Compile programs from the RSE
It will take about 1 hour to complete the steps described in this lab, assuming that you have WDSCi version 5.0 or 5.1 installed on your PC.
Download WorkWithWDSC_RSE.zip (46,213KB)